The summertime heat has hit. Which means it’s time to stock the freezer with delicious treats. What’s my new favorite way to cool off? Vegan, melt in your mouth, almond butter freezer fudge with a chocolate topping–inspired by Oh She Glows’ and Detoxinista’s recipe. The added bonus is that it’s super easy to make.
First, mix all of the almond butter base layer ingredients together and pour into a greased loaf pan. Place the loaf pan in the freezer for at least an hour before adding the chocolate topping.
[caption id="attachment_3279" align="alignnone" width="640"] Almond Butter Layer[/caption]
Next, heat the coconut oil and whisk in the additional chocolate layer ingredients.
[caption id="attachment_3280" align="alignnone" width="640"] Chocolate Layer[/caption]
When the chocolate layer has cooled, pour on top of the frozen almond butter base.
[caption id="attachment_3281" align="alignnone" width="640"] Pouring Chocolate on Fudge[/caption]
Allow the fudge to freeze and then cut into pieces!! I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as I have!
[caption id="attachment_3277" align="alignnone" width="640"] Vegan Almond Butter Freezer Fudge[/caption]
- FUDGE LAYER
- 1.5 cups almond butter
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- pink of salt
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with coconut oil
- Place the almond butter in a mixing bowl.
- In a small pot, heat the coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt and stir until combined.
- Add the mixture to the almond butter and pour into the loaf pan.
- Freeze the loaf pan for one hour or until almond butter mixture is solid.
- CHOCOLATE LAYER
- In a small pot, heat the coconut oil until melted.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt until smooth.
- Allow chocolate mixture to cool and pour on top of almond butter fudge layer.
- Allow the chocolate layer to freeze before cutting the first piece!