Vegan Chocolate Mousse
I’m always on the lookout for a new chocolatey dessert. And what’s a better dessert than mousse?! This Vegan Chocolate Mousse caught my eye because it relies on avocado to create its smooth, creamy texture. Oh, and it’s incredibly easy to make! In fact, I like to make a double batch and store half in my freezer for when my sweet tooth craves its next chocolate fix!!
First, place the avocado in the food processor.
Then add in the maple syrup, coconut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and balsamic vinegar. I was surprised this recipe called for balsamic vinegar, but I think it helps it from being overly sweet and makes the flavor more complex. In other words, it gives the mousse a little extra something special!
Then combine the ingredients in the food processor.
And last but not least, add the cocoa powder to give the dessert its delicious chocolate taste!
The end result is a heavenly looking chocolate dessert.
Simply spoon in out into a container and enjoy!!
- 1.5 cups avocados
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1.25 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- Mix avocados, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and balsamic vinegar in food processor and process until smooth.
- Slowly add coca powder and process until completely combined.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to one week. It can also be stored in the freezer for longer.