Vegan Black Bean Brownies
Oh how I love brownies. Their chocolate gooey goodness always makes my day. I enjoy brownies so much that I refuse to relegate them to “special treat” status. This vegan brownie recipe from the blog Chocolate Covered Katie offers a tasty and healthy alternative to the traditional dessert. The result is a chewy, moist, chocolatey treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating and won’t sit in your stomach like a brick.
And the best part is that these brownies are SO easy to make! Simply throw all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) into a food processor!
Remember to blend the ingredients well to avoid lumpy brownies!
Next, it’s time to stir in the chocolate chips! I, of course, added in a few extra because in my opinion, there’s no such thing as too much chocolate.
Then pour the batter into the greased pan 🙂
Pop the brownies into the oven and enjoy! I can’t wait to make these again.
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or increase maple syrup to ½ cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup to ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips into a food processor until smooth
- Stir in the chips and pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan
- Cook the brownies for 15-18 minutes
- Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes before cutting them