Vegan Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin butter’s festive taste and intoxicating aroma make it a fall classic. It can be smeared on toast or muffins, eaten out of the jar with a spoon, or used as an oatmeal or yogurt topping! Plus, it’s fun and easy to prepare.
I used a pumpkin butter recipe comes from a great cookbook, Vegan Desserts: Sumptuous Sweets for Every Season, by Hannah Kiminsky.
First, gather the ingredients!
Once the maple syrup and pumpkin heat up, magic happens…
The mixture takes on a darker hue and delicious smells begin to waft through your house.
Tom (aka the fiancé) knows that when I approach with a mystery sample, the agreement is taste first, question second. With the pumpkin butter, he pronounced, “It tastes like fall.” I couldn’t have put it better myself. In fact, I’m hoping to make a big batch in a few months for holiday gifts!
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Place pumpkin and maple syrup in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture thickens -- approximately 15 minutes.
- Make sure to stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Once thickened, turn off heat and stir in spices.
- Place pumpkin butter in jar. Let cool to room temperature before putting on jar lid